that last part of the question kinda catches the eye. does it not? sometimes we want to do what is right but without side effects. without having to get affected, or affect other people. But then you are worrying about what looks best instead of what is right. If we are truly following the instructions from God then we need to make hard decisions, I say hard because its easy to make wrong choices. since that is what we do all the time without the direction from God, we might know the direction but putting it on practice becomes the real challenge.
If you would have asked me this question a few years ago, in 2006 to be exact. I would have hesitated, and perhaps told you yes. But deep inside I knew that it would mean no friends (mostly). I would have, at some extent, not fully done and stood for what is right knowing the side effects of that choice. And that is wrong! God does not want lukewarm people. You must be Hot or cold. not both.
This same day in 2007, having gone to my first Journey to the Heart, The Lord taught me that He is and always will be my true and only Friend and Father, and that I didn't have to put my expectations on other people, because He would never disappoint. Therefore, if I had friends or not it would not matter because He would be my true Friend, forever.
Matthew 28:20 says a very important truth,
"...And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”Sometimes we bypass this promise and let it slip by our fingers, and just like it says in the verse, "And REMEMBER...." Don't forget!! Don't take this for granted! Don't miss out on this amazing truth!!
Fast forwarding to today; I received a message from a friend, a friend whom reminded me of the past year. And how he was blessed by my integrity, To stand for what is right even if it costs to loose friends. At the time I didn't think I would loose those friends for that decision, but that didn't come to my mind at all and that was the awesome part of it. I was in conviction with what God had taught me and all I wanted was to do the right thing no matter what.
I want to encourage you just like I was encouraged today for something that I had done last year. I say that because I hadn't seen it that way, after loosing those "friends," I did feel sad, sure. And for a moment I didn't understand why. But I knew that God was the friend I could put my trust in and not be let down, I knew that God would always be with me no matter what.
Are you willing to stand up for what is right in the sight of the Lord? even if it means letting go of friends. Maybe you can become an example by making a hard decision and encourage others to follow what God says and not what other people say.
Trust me, making a hard decision is REALLY HARD! but it not hard anymore if God is behind it, and all over the decision you are making. To whom are your choices pleasing? to people around you. or God. Simple as that.
Don't wait to make a right choice, Ask God to help you and He will give be there with you and then you will know to do what is right.
"He (you) shall call upon Me (God), and I will answer him (you): I will be with him (you) in trouble; I will deliver him (you), and honour him (you)." Psalm 91:15What a promise.
So, Are you willing to do what is right, even if it means that you will stand alone, and no one will support your decision, you will be laughed at, and kicked out of the group?
This is what I went through. But it was worth it!!! no doubt. Because I know that God was with me, I was not alone. God was holding my hand and telling me not to worry.
Whatever the outcome, be willing to follow, obey, trust, rest, and live in victory with Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment