We, and I am talking about all of us in the planet earth. We are born in captivity. we are born in this world with nothing but sin. anything good we do, if we do it--is nothing. it does not matter how good the deed is or how good we think we are compared to other people. comparing ourselves to other people is what we have learned to do, because that is what everyone else is doing, right? In the Bible there is a verse from my favorite chapter. Psalm 139 verse 23-24. it says, "Search me, oh GOD , and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts: (24) And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." This is a cry that all of us should have to God. asking Him to search us. Now you may ask, Doesn't God know everything? Yes He does, He knows all of our hearts, but it takes humility for us to ask Him to search ourselves in his Word and tell us what is sin towards him. Like I said before, in our own eyes we have done everything good according to us. but what is all of that according to God's eyes?
I don't know if I am making sense. but if I am, my writing skills are not as bad as I thought =P lol
this is my first post in my first blog ever!! recently (I say that because its a working progress.) since last few years God has been teaching me to stop comparing myself to others. Because ..."all have sinned, and come sort of the Glory of God..." (Romans 3:23). so I want to compare myself to what God has for me. and what He wants me to do. Trust me this is hard, but with God's Holy spirit I have the hunger to seek Him more. God started something good when I declared Him as my Savior, when I was 6 years old and repenting of my sin. and putting my faith in Him and continually asking forgiveness. and praising Him for what He has done. It does not stop when you get saved, that is not all. there is so much more than that. I have to get to know Him more. so that one day He will say to me, "Well done good and faithful servant."
There is so much I want to share, and learn through this blog. like one of my good friends said, "This is the first day of the rest of your life." ( I think that's how it goes... lol =D )
Catch you soon!!!
~Ernesto Gomez
No comments:
Post a Comment